David Ginola undergoes quadruple bypass, Northern Ireland coach focused despite Celtic link, and Father Dougal McGuire is heading for the Euros
1. Former Newcastle and Tottenham star David Ginola is recovering in hospital after undergoing a quadruple heart bypass which doctors say have uncovered other issues.
2. The former head of the German Football Association Wolfgang Niersbach is facing a 2-year ban from all footballing activity after FIFA says he has breached its code of ethics. He quit the German FA over allegations of a £9m payment for World Cup votes.
3. Rangers boss Mark Warburton says winning the Scottish Cup would not surpass his squad’s achievement of gaining promotion back to the Scottish Premier League, which brought with it rekindling the battle with their Glasgow rivals Celtic.
4. Northern Ireland coach Michael O’Niell insists he is focused on his country’s preparations for Euro 2016, despite being linked with the vacant Park Head managers job. He did, however, call Celtic a “fantastic football club”.
5. Ahead of his team’s FA Cup final against Crystal Palace, Juan Mata claims Manchester United will be competing for and winning trophies in the next 12 months because it is a key part of the squad’s mentality.
6. Ian Holloway this week joked that AFC Wimbledon star Adebayo Akinfenwa had a twin brother who the striker had eaten. Akinfenwa’s response is a sensation (GetWestLondon).
7. We can’t help but be inspired by the team talk given by Toulouse manager Pascal Dupraz ahead of his side’s last game of the season. This is unbelievable (WhoAteAllThePies).
8. You’ve got to hand it to Republic Of Ireland fans, this is brilliant. They are planning on taking a flag featuring Father Ted character Dougal to France (Joe.ie).
9. We really don’t know what to say about this, but here is Wayne Rooney ‘acting’ in an advert for the new X Men film. It’s inexplicable. (Metro).
10. …and finally, here is your chance to vote in the ‘Reverse Puskas award’ for the most amazing miss of the season. There is some stiff competition for the unwanted title (Mirror).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)
Leave a Reply