1. Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes thinks Jose Mourinho will be a success if, as expected, the Portuguese becomes the next Old Trafford manager, because he understands the club’s ethos and will bring entertainment back to the side.
2. Notts County are set to appoint Oldham Athletic boss John Sheridan as their next manager ‘within the next few days’. Sheridan previously worked with the newly appointed chief executive Jason Turner at Newport County.
3. Argentinian international Javier Mascherano has reportedly agreed a summer move to join Italian giants Juventus from Spanish champions Barcelona.
4. Claudio Ranieri says that avoiding relegation is the priority for Leicester after their remarkable title-winning 2015/16 season, claiming that maintaining their status in the Premier League is more important to the club than the Champions League.
5. Lionel Messi has stated that he would like to play in his native Argentina again before he retires, and that he would only leave Barcelona when a move home became a correct career move.
6. Winning the league can do some funny things to players, and here are some of the best examples from around Europe. Bizarre or impressive, you decide. (Mirror).
7. Brace yourselves and maybe get some sunglasses ready, here are 20 horrendous goalkeeping jerseys from the 90’s. What were they thinking?! (Joe.ie).
8. You have to take your hats off and give the utmost respect to this Bayern Munich fan who beat cancer and got the club’s crest painted on his glass eye to celebrate (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. A model has claimed Lionel Messi’s girlfriend is jealous after she reacted angrily to the model posting pictures posing in a ‘Messi 10’ shirt (Metro).
10. And finally…Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy treated his compatriot footballers to a master class of his skills as they prepare for their Euro 2016 campaign (BBC).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)