1. José Mourinho has officially been named as the new manager of Manchester United, bringing to an end a week-long saga of rumour and speculation. Zlatan Imbrahimović is now odds on to join the Portuguese in moving to Old Trafford.
2. Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph has been ruled out of Euro 2016 after the England international suffered a groin strain.
3. Liverpool have been fined close to £9,000 after sections of their fans let off flares during the Europa League final defeat to Sevilla. It follows a £43,000 fine handed to the club for illicit chants directed towards Manchester United fans during the Europa League ties between the clubs.
4. The coach of Columbian club Independiente Santa Fe has been given a three-game touchline ban for deliberately poking a ball boy in the eye.
5. Dutch legend Ruud Gullit says Louis van Gaal got his just deserts by being shown the door by Manchester United for his tactics and approach during his tenure at Old Trafford
6. A seven-year-old has applied for the vacant manager job at Scottish club Inverness Caledonian Thistle, including a request for the chairman to speak to his headmaster to allow him to leave school early for big games (BBC).
7. There is nothing quite like a comedy own goal, and there aren’t many funnier than this one in wich the ‘keeper forgets where his goal is (DreamTeamFC).
8. Ayr United’s kit launch has done very little to help the progress of women’s football, with their rather provocative photoshoot. Things like this shouldn’t be done in 2016 (CalvinAyre).
9. Despite reports of his imminent arrival at Old Trafford, footage has emerged of the Manchester United club shop refusing to put Ibrahimović on the back of a shirt when asked by an undercover reporter (Mirror).
10. A sticker of Albanian midfielder Andi Lila has been serenaded with a parody of Tom Jones’ classic Delilah. Could he be heading for Stoke? Watch if you dare… (YouTube).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).