1. A FIFA spokesperson has issued a statement denying President Gianni Infantino has been the subject of an alleged investigation into corruption. Reports had suggested he sanctioned the destruction of the minutes of a FIFA committee meeting.
2. Chris Smalling scored an 88th-minute winner as England laboured to a 1-0 win at Wembley over a Portugal side without Cristiano Ronaldo, and who were reduced to 10 men in their final friendly game before Euro 2016.
3. Former Northern Ireland international Gerry Armstrong says he is confident his compatriots can replicate the success he and his team mates enjoyed in the 1982 World Cup at the upcoming European Championships.
4. New Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola is set to splash £250m on new signings,with Juventus’ Paul Pogba and Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos said to be at the top of his wish list as he looks to bring Champions League success to the Etihad Stadium.
5. Tottenham Hotspur are to offer Harry Kane a £100,000 a week contract extension to keep the striker at White Hart Lane, amidst continuing speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United.
6. Manchester United defender Phil Jones seems to have been inspired by the Romanian national team of France ’98, and has dyed his hair peroxide blonde (DailyStar).
7. In a bizarre casting move, newly appointed Old Trafford boss José Mourinho is going to play the Pope in an animated film set for release in 2017 (Metro).
8. Former Arsenal defender Lee Dixon claims he could get England and Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli sent off in exactly 17 minutes (Mirror).
9. A French fan famous for taking a live cockerel to his country’s international matches has had the bird banned from Euro 2016 for security reasons (WhoAteAllThePies).
10. A staggering statistic has revealed that Leeds United have had six managers since the last time Jack Wilshire played 90 minutes (Twitter).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)