Carneiro ‘rejected’ £1.2m Chelsea settlement offer, officials confirm Premier League fixture list as hoax, and wrong national anthem played ahead of Copa America clash…
1. Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro rejected a £1.2m settlement from the club according to documents released from her employment tribunal. Dr Caniero is expected to face one further day of questioning before the case concludes.
2. Jamie Vardy could be on the verge of a blockbuster moved to Arsenal after the north London club triggered a £20m release clause in the striker’s contract. England striker Vardy has yet to comment on the move.
3. Officials representing the Premier and Football leagues have confirmed that lists of games claiming to be the fixtures for the 2016/17 season that were alleged to be leaked online over the weekend are a hoax. Fixtures for the coming Premier League season are officially announced on Wednesday 15th June, with the Football League’s fixtures coming a week later.
4. Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has backed new manager Pep Guardiola to ‘transform’ the club and take it to the next level, including further progress in the Champions League.
5. Zlatan Ibrahimović has teased Manchester United fans with news of an announcement in the coming days. However, this being Zlatan, it is possible that it could just be his new clothing line rather than transfer activity.
6. Before the Copa America match between Uruguay and Mexico, a technical mix-up led to the national anthem of Chile being played instead of that of Uruguay (BBC).
7. Manchester United’s José Mourinho has had a pop at England’s less than impressive record in penalty shoot-outs during a Youtube interview (Metro).
8. Like father like son, Lukas Podolski’s son scored a stunning goal this week. Given his penchant for young players, Gunners boss Arsène Wenger is said to be lining up a move for 8-year-old Louis… (Mirror).
9. There’s going to be a new ball used in the Premier League from next season, and it’s, erm, different. At least the brightly coloured monstrosity would be suitable for use in any condition as there aren’t any rainbow pitches (WhoAteAllThePies).
10. Captain Ashley Williams has revealed how his Welsh national team mates hold a weekly ‘Joe Allen Appreciation day’ in honour of the Liverpool midfielder (DailyPost).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31)
That is a LOT of money.