1. An England fan has been arrested the day before the start of the European Championships as fans from around the continent begin arriving for the tournament. A local man was also detained following an incident in Marseille .
2. West Bromwich Albion and Northern Ireland defender Gareth McAuley says his teammates can handle Polish star Robert Lewandowski, ahead of the countries meeting in Group C in Nice on Sunday.
3. Despite being the most expensive player in the world, Real Madrid and Wales star Gareth Bale insists he is not the only player who can cause opposing teams problems in Chris Coleman’s squad.
4. A report in the Evening Standard suggests Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy is 80% likely to reject a move to Arsenal in favour of staying at the King Power stadium and leading the Foxes’ Premier League title defence next season.
5. Jürgen Klopp has requested Mario Balotelli attend Liverpool’s pre-season training camp after AC Milan decided against signing the 25-year-old striker.
6. It wouldn’t be an international tournament without copious amounts of ‘psychic’ animals ‘predicting’ the outcome of games. First up this time, Otto the Octopus (Mirror).
7. Barcelona’s Luis Suárez didn’t take kindly to being forced to watch from the subs’ bench as his Uruguay teammates crashed out of the Copa América with a 1-0 defeat against Venezuela (WhoAteAllThePies).
8. He may not have exactly starred for Arsenal since arriving at the Emirates, but Mohammed Elneny is still worshipped and adored in his native Egypt if this advert is anything to go by (Metro).
9. We’re not sure if this Ireland fan is brave or just a little foolhardy for positioning his country’s flag amongst swathes England ones, but either way we salute his patriotism (Joe.ie).
10. And finally…during a conversation between two of the greatest footballers of all time, Diego Maradona told Pelé that Lionel Messi is a really good person but lacks leadership and has no personality (Daily Mail).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).