Neil Evans brings you his top 10 moments from Wales’ historic victory over Slovakia in Group B.
Embed from Getty Images
- National anthem watch: ‘Land of My Fathers’ has never sounded so passionate and proud – even my goosebumps had goosebumps! What a belter from the Red Army.
- Superman! Where on earth did Ben Davies come from to stop that Marek Hamsik shot after just three minutes? A potential nightmare start was averted, thanks to the Tottenham defender.
- Enter The Dragon… You give Gareth Bale a free-kick and you live to regret it. The Bale don’t fail!
- Remembering Speedo: On a day of high emotion, Wales fans paid a fitting tribute to Gary Speed as his name reverberated around the Stade Bordeaux. Pure class.
- Scary Slovakians: When Liverpool’s Martin Skrtel finally hangs up his boots, there’s a career in WWE waiting for him after clotheslining Aaron Ramsey. Although, the officials there will take more notice…
- Jonny Williams may look like that little guy from Game of Thrones but what a mighty 70 minutes from the diminutive Crystal Palace midfielder.
- Meanwhile, it was heart in mouth time as substitute Ondrej Duda equalised but Wales weathered the Slovakian storm.
- Pass of the day: Palace star Joe Ledley’s threaded pass to Ramsey led to Hal Robson-Kanu’s winner and it was a thing of beauty from the bionic beard!
- Together Stronger: Bale’s victory face said it all! This group really are all pulling together.
- Turn off: Seriously, can somebody please mute Robbie Savage?
Read more from Neil here
Follow Neil on Twitter at @swinfan69