1. The fixture list for the coming Premier League season has been unveiled revealing that José Mourinho’s first Premier League game as Manchester United manager will be away at Bournemouth. Champions Leicester City begin the defence of their title away to newly promoted Hull City.
2. Barnsley have rewarded Paul Heckingbottom for guiding the club to the Championship via the play-offs and a Johnstone’s Paint trophy success with a 12-month rolling contract as their manager following his trophy-laden stint as caretaker.
3. Following his team’s 1-1 draw against European Championship debutants Iceland, Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo has launched a scathing attack on the underdogs claiming ‘it was a lucky night for them’.
4. After defeat in their first group game, Northern Ireland international Chris Brunt, who missed out on selection for the tournament through injury, claims his compatriots ‘will want to prove a point’ against Ukraine in their second match.
5. Ahead of his country’s clash against England tomorrow, Wales’ Gareth Bale has stated that he feels that none of the English players would be assured of a starting place if they were to compete for shirts with his teammates.
6. 16-year-old Feyenoord star Tahith Chong, who has hinted at an imminent switch to Manchester United, went a step further as he was given a cake in the shape of a Red Devils shirt (Metro).
7. German media outlets have become enamoured by Ireland’s goalkeeper Darren Randolph as a result of a flag depicting the custodian as Gandalf from fantasy novel the Lord of The Rings (Mirror).
8. Here’s a sentence nobody can ever have expected to read: Shane McGowan features in an Irish reworking of French classic Je t’aime. Ooh la la indeed, tres bien to be sure! (Joe.ie).
9. Liverpool fans clearly aren’t enamoured with the fixtures their team have been given by a computer programme, with one going as far as to claim there’s a conspiracy to see the Anfield club relegated (LiverpoolEcho).
10. Following his aforementioned criticism of their tactics, one Icelandic defender hit back at Cristiano Ronaldo spectacularly. We’d say he was pretty spot on about the Real Madrid man (WhoAteAllThePies).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).