Rebecca Coles looks back at 10 talking points from England’s dramatic 2-1 over Wales in Group B.Embed from Getty Images
1. England’s Joe Hart may have been a little too pumped in the build up towards the game, as the BBC were caught off guard as he shouted in the tunnel: “Get that ball, move that f*****”
2.Crowd watch – Two England fans went back in time and dressed up as goalkeeping legend David Seaman as they were pictured in full kits, ponytails and the famous moustache.
3. Miss of the game – Woeful Raheem Sterling managed to miss a sitter within the first ten minutes of the game which left one England fan tweeting: “I’ll pay for his flight home”.
4. Joe Allen doing what Joe Allen does best. Yep, he effortlessly managed to nutmeg Wayne Rooney. Euro 2016 is complete.
5. Gareth Bale never fails but Joe Hart should have saved. He struck again with his second Euros goal. This time a stunning 32-yard free-kick enforcing a Hart error. Cue the Head and Shoulders comments.
6. Bring back the Vardy Party. Fans were left angered at Roy Hodgson for leaving Jamie Vardy on the bench for the second time this week and he soon proved why he should be on the pitch, as after just 10 minutes Vardy and his golden touch equalized for England.
7. Fairy tale stuff from 18-year-old Marcus Rashford who continues to make history. The youngest player at Euro 2016 and the youngest England player at any Euros : he is quite simply living the dream.
8. At 1-1, one Wales fan was on an emotional rollercoaster, as he went from bawling his eyes out to cheering “come on!” as he was caught by cameras! (We dread to think what he was like at 90 minutes).
9. FINALLY. That injury time winner from Sturridge! Along with a TV gold moment from Gary Neville jumping in on celebrations.
10. Which leaves us with England at the top of the group!
Next stop Saint-Etienne on Monday evening against Slovakia.
Read more from Rebecca Coles here