1. Lionel Messi has announced his retirement from international football at the age of 29. Barcelona star Messi made the announcement following Argentina’s defeat to Chile in the Copa América final. It was the fourth final in nine years that Argentina have lost.
2. Zlatan Imbrahimović is expected to sign for Manchester United on Friday. The former Sweden captain will also receive a £4m loyalty bonus from former club Paris Saint Germain.
3. A Chinese consortium is poised to take over Italian giants AC Milan and will seek to sign 23-year-old Belgian international Romelu Lukaku from Everton in a bid to return the club to the top of Italian football.
4. Leicester City are in talks with Norwich over a move from 24-year-old Republic of Ireland midfielder Robbie Brady, who has scored memorable goals against Italy and France in the European Championships this summer.
5. Liverpool expect to complete the signing of Southampton striker Sadio Mané in the next 24 hours after the Saints dropped their original £40m asking price for the 24-year-old Senegal international.
6. Dean Saunders told BBC Radio 5 live that he has run out of clean clothes and amassed £1,000 in airport car park bills as he hadn’t expected his Welsh compatriots to do as well as they have at Euro 2016 (BBC).
7. Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer went to town on Thierry Henry when interrogating their fellow pundit over his infamous handball goal against the Republic of Ireland (Mirror).
8. The Icelandic commentator who shot to fame for his reaction to their stoppage time win over Austria has been sacked from his job as assistant manager of a domestic league team who have lost five of the last six games (Telegraph).
9. A screen grab of UEFA’s official team, made up of the best players from the group stages, lists Wales and Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey as English (Metro).
10. World heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury spent £1,000 on buying drinks for England supporters in Nice. He was followed through the streets like the Pied Piper of Hamlin by swarms of adoring fans (WhoAteAllThePies).
By Chris Horricks (@ChrisBFC1889).