1. England Under-21’s coach Gareth Southgate is currently the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed the departing Roy Hodgson, who resigned from the post following the humiliating defeat to Iceland which saw England eliminated from Euro 2016.
2. Senegalese star Sadio Mané has completed a £34m move from Southampton to Liverpool, joining a host of former Saints players, including Adam Lallana, in Jürgen Klopp’s squad at Anfield.
3. Zenit St Petersburg’s Brazil international striker Hulk is set to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG, who are currently managed by former England and Manchester City boss Sven-Göran Eriksson, for a record-breaking £41m, subject to him completing a medical.
4. Cardiff City have confirmed Lennie Lawrence will return to the club as an assistant to new manager Paul Trollope. A rejig of the Welsh club by controversial owner Vincent Tan saw former manager Russell Slade first move to a Director of Football role, before severing all ties with the Bluebirds.
5. Crystal Palace have launched a £31.5m move to bring striker Michy Batshuayi to Selhurst Park from Marseille. If accepted it would be a new record signing for the Eagles.
6. Dietmar Hamann has launched an incredible attack on the Premier League. The former Liverpool, Newcastle, and Manchester City player said the competition was ‘a fraud’ following England’s Euro exit to Iceland (WhoAteAllThePies).
7. Juventus and France defender Patrice Evra has become the subject of a series of memes by internet photo shop jokers, and has commented that he loves it (Independent).
8. Arsenal’s Petr Čech has forged a new career to fall back on in the unlikely event that his football hits the buffers. He has been practicing to be a tennis ball boy for compatriot Radek Štěpánek (Metro).
9. Is Cristiano Ronaldo set to shun the world of fooball to become the new Lara Croft in the upcoming Tomb Raider film? His outfit here suggests he might (Mirror).
10. And finally…Radio 5 DJ Nicky Campbell was so convinced England would beat Iceland he said he’d do the next day’s show in just a kilt. Uunfortunately he’s a man of his word…(Twitter).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).