1. Arsenal executives are confident that manager Arsène Wenger would reject any approach made by the Football Association about the Gunners boss becoming the new England coach. However, Wenger himself would be open to talks if the FA were prepared to wait for a year.
2. It is being reported that Chelsea would be willing to listen to offers of around £60m for Belgium international goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who is said to have an uneasy working relationship with Stamford Bridge ‘keeper coach Christophe Lollichon.
3. Former FC Porto coach Julen Lopetegui would not replace Kenny Jackett in the event of a Chinese consortium taking control of Championship club Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to a statement made by Molineux officials.
4. Napoli could make a move for Monaco’s Radamel Falcao, after current star striker Gonzalo Higuain has openly said he would like to leave the Serie A club.
5. Martin Škrtel is likely to leave Liverpool and join Fenerbahçe this week following a reported bust-up with Anfield boss Jürgen Klopp. Former Manchester United and Arsenal star Robin van Persie is also likely to be sold by the Turkish giants after less than a year at the club.
6. Wales coach Chris Coleman’s brother in law has set up an online fundraising page with the intention of paying Dean Saunders’ car parking fine after the former coach revealed he underestimated how long he would need to leave his car at the airport (Dailypost).
7. You’d have thought Sadio Mané would have at least cracked a smile during his first interview as a Liverpool player. He looks thoroughly miserable at having been sold by Southampton to the Anfield club for £34m (Mirror).
8. Olympic swimmer Yannick Agnel has pledged to swim around the whole of Iceland if they beat his native France and go on to win Euro 2016 (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. Ukrainian club FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk are on the verge of disbanding just a year after getting to the first Europa League final in their history (Interfax).
10. It doesn’t seem to have taken Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling long to get over the disappointment of England’s Euro 2016 exit. He was already back to posting pictures of his new jewel encrusted bathroom hours after the shock defeat to Iceland (DailyMail).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).