Wales hero Robson-Kanu receives offers from ‘around the world’, verdict expected into alleged state aid given to Spanish clubs, and Tim Krul gets egg on his face… well, almost!
1. Free agent Hal Robson-Kanu says he has received offers from clubs from around the world following his outstanding performances in Wales’ run at the European Championships which has taken them further in any international tournament than they have ever been before.
2. Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata is being widely linked with a move to Everton, with speculation mounting following reports Zlatan Ibrahimović has been given the number 8 shirt following his arrival at Old Trafford.
3. A verdict is expected in the coming days from the European Commission following an investigation into whether the Spanish government allegedly gave out tens of millions of Euros in state aid to some of its top club sides.
4. Chris Coleman has dismissed talk linking him with the vacant England manager’s job by saying ‘I’m a Welshman through and through. At International football, it was only Wales and it would only ever be Wales’.
5. Mario Balotelli has joined the Liverpool squad for the beginning of their pre-season training following an unsuccessful loan move to AC Milan, despite rumours linking the controversial Italian striker to a variety of other clubs.
6. Manchester United’s Chris Smalling has been taken to hospital to be treated for an injury sustained whilst on holiday. The England international was stung by a jellyfish (DailyStar).
7. Newcastle United keeper Tim Krul’s attempt to show off whilst cooking didn’t go quite as the Dutch international may have hoped…(Twitter).
8. It is safe to say that some of the penalties in the shoot-out between Germany and Italy weren’t the best. Now, an artist has created a video showing just how awful some of the attempts were (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. Following Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s £26m move to Old Trafford, his former club Borussia Dortmund couldn’t resist having a jab at the Red Devils’ lack of Champions League football next season (DailyMail).
10. And finally…Jimmy Bullard watched France’s 5-2 victory over Iceland in an outfit inspired by the photos and videos of supporters wearing supermarket shopping bags as shirts which have been sweeping through Twitter (Mirror).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).
Leave a Reply