Norwich agree fee with Liverpool for teen star Canos, Bale insists Wales have no fear of Portugal, and Guardiola stuns Gallagher with musical preferences
1. Liverpool have agreed a fee of £2.5m for Spanish teenage midfielder Sergi Canos to complete a move to Championship new boys Norwich City. It had been expected that Canos, who spent a successful load period at Brentford last season, would join Bristol City for a similar fee.
2. Manchester United boss José Mourinho says the club are confident of reaching a deal with Juventus which would see French international Paul Pogba return to Old Trafford. It is believed United are prepared to pay up to £100m.
3. Talismanic Welsh international Gareth Bale insists his team-mates have no fear ahead of their Euro 2016 semi-final clash with Portugal, a fixture which pits Bale against fellow Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo.
4. Reading are to rename the north stand at The Madejski Stadium after former youth team coach Eamonn Dolan who passed away following a battle with cancer at the age of 48.
5. Swansea City have confirmed the £4.75m signing of Leroy Fer from Championship club Queens Park Rangers. Dutchman Fer made nine appearances on loan for the Swans last term and had indicated he would have liked to stay at Loftus Road prior to moving to Wales permanently.
6. New Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola shocked Noel Gallagher with an admission of his love for Coldplay and James Blunt in a meeting at the Etihad (WhoAteAllThePies).
7. Robbie Keane put the disappointment of the Republic of Ireland’s second round knock-out by scoring a blinder on his first game back for LA Galaxy (Joe.ie).
8. On the eve of their semi-final meeting, Gareth Bale was shown video of the infamous incident which saw Cristiano Ronaldo throw a journalist’s microphone into a river. The Welsh star’s reaction is a sensation (Mirror).
9. It seems Spanish striker Nolito hasn’t done his homework on new club Manchester City. In a video showing him at the ground for the first time he asked cameras “it’s always full, right?”. Erm, this could be awkward on League Cup nights… (Metro).
10. And finally… Ryan Giggs may have ended his 29-year stay at Old Trafford, but Manchester United mascot Fred the Red has been given a new contract by manager José Mourinho (TheSun).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).
Leave a Reply