Tevez Hammers return scuppered by wage demands, Bournemouth and Liverpool agree fee for teenage star Ibe, and Buckingham Athletic’s FA Cup application rejected
1. Gareth Bale says he and his Welsh team mates can have ‘no regrets’ after a 2-0 defeat in their Euro 2016 semi-final against Portugal which ended their chances of winning the country’s first-ever major trophy.
2. AFC Bournemouth have moved a step closer to replacing Scotland international Matt Ritchie, who left to join Newcastle for £12m last week, as they have had a £15m bid for Jordan Ibe accepted by Liverpool.
3. West Ham say they were priced out of an attempt to bring Carlos Tevez back for their first season at their new Olympic Stadium home. They offered the Argentine star £150,000 a week, but it is believed he is holding out for £250,000.
4. German coach Joachim Löw is confident 31-year-old Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger will be fit enough to captain his team for their Euro 2016 semi-final against hosts France.
5. Turkish giants Fenerbahçe have confirmed they are in talks with Slovakia international Martin Škrtel, who is believed to be on the verge of leaving Liverpool following an alleged bust-up with Jürgen Klopp.
6. A Bosnian fan who contacted all 92 English Football League clubs to ask why he should support them only received replies from 10 of them (Mirror).
7. There are kit launches and there are kit launches, but then there’s Italian club Palermo who have put on the most elaborate show to promote their new strip for the 2016/17 season (WhoAteAllThePies).
8. Non-League club Buckingham Athletic have been told their application to take part in this year’s FA Cup has been rejected, so they tweeted a picture of the rejection letter (Twitter).
9. Former Wales international Ryan Giggs may regret having a sly dig at ex-Manchester United team-mate Roy Keane and his Republic of Ireland squad whilst the pair were part of ITV’s panel to cover the Portugal v Wales semi-final (Joe.ie).
10. And finally…In the words of the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons ‘this is, without doubt, the worst statue of Lionel Messi…EVER!!’ (Metro).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).
Leave a Reply