Sky Sports News broadcast made up stats about Lincoln Red Imps, Diego Maradona launches tirade against The Simpsons and Roma narrowly see of local semi-pro side…
1. Former Millwall and Everton legend Tim Cahill has left Chinese second division side Hangzhou Greentown after scoring four goals in 16 appearances. Reports suggest that the 36-year-old Australian could be set for a move to Australian A-League side Melbourne City.
2. Sky Sports News anchor Mike Wedderburn made the cardinal sin of reading something on Twitter and believing it to be true without fact checking it during a piece about Gibraltarian side Lincoln Red Imps after their 1-0 win over Celtic (WhoAteAllThePies).
3. José Mourinho has double booked himself on the day of his first match as Manchester United manager. United have a friendly at Wigan on Saturday, however Mourinho has already agreed to take part in a charity match later on the same afternoon (Metro).
4. It still doesn’t top the legendary strike that once earned Jamie Pollock the title of most influential man of the 21st century, but this Serbian defender scored a fairly impressive own goal…What was he thinking? (Mirror).
5. During an interview on live television, Argentina World Cup-winning legend Diego Maradona launched a scathing attack on the equally legendary cartoon series The Simpsons (101GreatGoals).
6. And finally…Former Manchester City striker Edin Džeko scored four times as Serie A giants Roma narrowly won a hard-fought, end to end pre-season game against a local semi-professional side by the narrowest of margins, 16-0 (DailyMail).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).
Leave a Reply