Gianni Infantino to be interview by FIFA ethics committee, Red Bull Salzburg player wears the wrong clubs shirt and Lebron James offers his services to Liverpool
1. FIFA President Gianni Infantino is to be interviewed by FIFA’s ethics committee after it was alleged that he has breached the organisation’s code of ethics. Infantino only took office in February, promising to usher in a new era for FIFA.
2. Following their unexpected journey to the semi-finals of Euro 2016, Wales have risen 15 places in the FIFA world rankings. They now sit in 11th place, two places higher than England who have dropped to 13th.
3. AFC Bournemouth have been busy in the transfer market already this summer, and today completed their fifth signing of the transfer window by bringing in Jordan Ibe from Liverpool for £15 million. The 20-year-old found himself out-of-favour at Anfield after the arrival of Jürgen Klopp as manager and has signed a deal lasting four years.
4. New Hibernian manager Neil Lennon was sent to the stands in his first competitive game in charge of the side after his side saw a goal ruled out for offside in their Europa League first leg second round tie against Danish side Brøndby IF. Hibs went on to lose 0-1 and will need to improve in order to progress to the third round of qualifying.
5. Paris St-Germain have appointed former Newcastle United striker Patrick Kluivert as their new director of football. Kluivert had only been appointed as Ajax under-19s manager in the summer, but now leaves to join the French champions and work alongside new boss Unai Emery.
6. Italian World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon did his bit to dispel the myth that footballers are only in it for the money and themselves by taking the time to have a kick about with a group of kids in a local park (Mirror).
7. Now this is the way to introduce yourself to your new club’s fans. Fresh from playing a starring role in Portugal’s successful Euro 2016 campaign, former Manchester United winger Nani showed off some incredible skill as he was unveiled as a Valencia player (DailyMail).
8. A Red Bull Salzburg defender wore the wrong team’s shirt during a Champions League qualifying match. Red Bull also owns a club in Leipzig, Germany, and the two clubs shirts are almost identical, but eagle-eyed viewers spotted the mistake (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. An excellent pencil drawing by a 15-year-old fan of Wales and Real Madrid star Gareth Bale posing with his young daughter has been given the seal of approval by the wing wizard himself (WalesOnline).
10. Basketball star LeBron James has offered to play for Liverpool during the club’s pre-season US tour. If he can stay fit there’s every chance he could even feature in the Premier League given the Anfield club’s recent record with injuries (Joe.ie).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).
Leave a Reply