1. Juventus sources are claiming that a deal is set to be completed which would net the Turin club an astronomical (and frankly ridiculous) £112m, and see France international Paul Pogba return to Old Trafford.
2. According to reports, Manchester City have made an official approach to Everton in relation to a move for England international John Stones. The proposed move could cost Pep Guardiola’s new club in excess of £50m.
3. Cambridge United chief executive Jez George has criticized the reshaped Football League Trophy format, formerly known as the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, saying that it ‘wont capture imagination’. A host of Premier League clubs have already declined invitations to enter their under 21 squads in this year’s tournament.
4. Hollywood actor Jason Sudeikis, in his guise of Ted Lasso – a coach character he created and briefly took over Tottenham training last year – has turned his attention to Chelsea and specifically goalkeeper Asmir Begović, whom he gave the hair dryer treatment to after conceding five penalties in a charity event (Mirror).
5. When a club sign a new player it has become traditional and expected for the player to sing infront of his new team mates. However, Arsenal newbie Granit Xhaka’s performance of his initiation song is truly atrocious… but it’d take a brave man to tell the Swiss international hardman to his face..! (WhoAteAllThePies).
6. Leon Clarke, at the age of 31, has signed for his 16th club, after the journeyman striker left Bury to join Sheffield United. The former Swindon man’s latest move means he has now been registered to 17% of clubs in the top four divisions of English football (DreamTeamFC).
7. Let it never be said there is no sport Brazil international and Barcelona superstar Neymar cant excel at. Here he is with one of the worst golf shots of all time (DailyRecord).
8. And finally…Madeira Airport has been renamed in honour of Euro 2016 winner and perma tanned shameless self publicist Cristiano Ronaldo, which is sure to give his ego a boost if it needed one (Telegraph).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).