Leroy Sané close to £37m City switch, no Fellaini Sunderland move says Moyes and Reading Women’s manager back to work 12 days after giving birth…
1. Germany international midfielder Leroy Sané is close to a £37m move to Manchester City. A transfer to the Etihad would see the 20-year-old leave Bundesliga club Schalke 04, where he came through youth system prior to making his senior debut in 2014.
2. New Sunderland manager David Moyes has told a press conference that the club would need to make ‘significant progress’ if they were to sign players of the calibre of Belgium’s Marouane Fellaini, who has been linked with a move to the Stadium of Light since Moyes’ appointment. Moyes previously managed Fellaini at Everton and Manchester United.
3. Arsène Wenger has said that the forthcoming 2016/17 season is ‘very important’ for Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, as the England international who missed Euro 2016 with an injury has been out for ‘a long, long time’.
4. Former West Ham, Chelsea and Manchester City star Frank Lampard became the first player ever to score a hat-trick for MLS club New York City. The former England international scored the treble in a 5-1 win over Colorado Rapids.
5. A mere 12 days after giving birth, Reading Women’s coach Kelly Chambers was back overseeing her team in a 1-1 draw against Notts County Ladies (BBCSport).
6. N’Golo Kanté has wasted no time in making a new best friend at his new club. At Chelsea’s pre-season training camp in America, Kanté has become very close to fellow Frenchman Kurt Zouma (Metro).
7. You have to feel sorry for Spain under-19 women’s international Nahikari García, who missed from a yard out in the last minute of stoppage time in the Euro U19 final against France, having missed a penalty in normal time, to hand the trophy to the French (Eurosport).
8. Swedish international Kim Källström, who’s Arsenal career was cut to almost non-existent by injury, has described the 15 minutes he played for the Gunners as ‘the greatest 15 minutes of his life’ (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. And finally…a story has emerged that Ryan Giggs once pinned Cristiano Ronaldo against a wall when the two were together at Manchester United because the Portuguese international drank a can of coke at breakfast (WalesOnline).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).
Leave a Reply