1. Paul Pogba has told Juventus fans he will be staying at the Turin club, despite continuing rumours of a move to Manchester United for a fee in excess of £100m.
2. Wales international defender Sam Ricketts does not think Chris Coleman is going to leave his job as his country’s manager to join Premier League new boys Hull City, as he believes the KC Stadium club ‘isnt a big enough job’ for Coleman.
3. Southend United have signed former Swindon Town and Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger on a free transfer. Ranger hasn’t played a match since leaving Blackpool in 2014 citing the death of two friends for his desire to take a break from the game.
4. José Mourinho has told his Manchester United players to treat their game against Everton in Wayne Rooney’s testimonial as a Premier League match amidst concern they haven’t played enough matches in their pre-season schedule.
5. Teddy Sheringham rolled back the years to show that truly special strikers never lose their touch as he scored two exceptional goals for a Premier League legends team in a charity match at Wealdstone (Mirror).
6. A website has lambasted Liverpool’s new lime green third choice kit as an eyesore, even going as far as claiming it should come with headache tablets (Joe.ie).
7. The Chelsea midfielder formerly known as John Obi Mikel has officially changed his name to Mikel John Obi in what has to be the most bizarre football story for some time (WhoAteAllThePies).
8. Referee Mark Clattenburg has celebrated having taken charge of both the Euro 2016 and Champions League finals in the space of a few months by having images of both trophies tattooed into his arms (SkySports).
9. Burnley have decided to stop playing celebratory music after every goal they score at Turf Moor, as 58% of fans voted against the continuing the initiative (LancashireTelegraph).
10. And finally…Congratulations to non-league club Bashley FC who have won a league match for the first time since September 2014..! (Twitter).
By Chris Horricks (@ChrisHorricks31).