1. Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has heaped pressure onto his squad with less than a week to go until the start of the Premier League season by declaring that his future at the club depends on how the Gunners’ season goes. Wenger is the longest serving current manager, having been in his role since 1996, but his contract expires in June 2017.
2. Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has signed a new four-year contract extension to keep him at the Premier League champions until 2020.
3. Sunderland have agreed fees with Manchester United to sign youngsters Paddy McNair and Donald Love. Newly appointed Black Cats coach David Moyes worked with the pair during his spell at Old Trafford.
4. Spanish striker Borja Baston is believed to be having a medical ahead of a £15m move from Atlético Madrid to Swansea City. If the deal is completed, the 23-year-old would become the Welsh club’s record signing.
5. Ten arrests have been made over irregular betting patterns involving a Welsh league game between Port Talbot and Rhyl last April. Rhyl won the game in question 5-0 despite having already been relegated and being on a run which had seen them fail to win any of their previous 17 games.
6. Burnley manager Sean Dyche, who once claimed the club had no money to spend despite signing Andre Gray for £11m, has stated that he feels he would be hailed a genius if he was a foreign coach (DailyMail).
7. Imagine you’ve just become the world’s most expensive footballer, what would you do to celebrate the occasion? Paul Pogba went out for a Chinese meal to mark his record-breaking return to Old Trafford (TheSun).
8. Real Madrid players took it upon themselves to invade coach Zinedine Zidane’s press conference after they won the European Super Cup. Stars including captain Sergio Ramos unexpectedly soaked the Frenchman with water (Goal).
9. Gary Neville’s response to being asked which of his Sky Sports colleagues called Jamie he preferred was certainly unexpected, to say the least…(Mirror).
10. And finally…Spiderman, Spiderman, who knew he was a football fan? He was spotted watching non-league side Nelson FC (DirtyTackle).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).