1. Manchester United will allow Adnan Januzaj to go on loan to Sunderland. However, it is believed the Belgian striker would prefer a permanent move abroad as he claims he feels ‘humiliated’ by having been frozen out of the club by new manager José Mourinho.
2. Atlético Madrid have made a bid of around £17m for Santos striker Gabriel Barbosa. Leicester City are also said to be interested in signing the 19-year-old Brazilian.
3. Yannick Bolasie looks set to complete a £25m move to Everton from Crystal Palace within the next few days. It is believed that the 27-year-old DR Congo international would pocket £90,000 a week at Goodison Park.
4. Arsenal’s Jack Wilshire says he and his fellow members of the England squad who crashed out of Euro 2016 to international minnows Iceland deserve any criticism they get from fans during the forthcoming 2016/17 Premier League season.
5. It has been announced that England will play Spain in a friendly at Wembley on the November 15th. The fixture will be played four days after a World Cup qualifying game at home to rivals Scotland.
6. It seems to be banning season at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea have banned stalls selling half and half scarves to fans on match days after they took out a new trademark on the club’s name appearing on clothing items (DailyMail).
7. Blues boss and former Italy national team coach Antonio Conte has also banned his squad from consuming fizzy drinks as well as brown sauce and ketchup (TheTimes).
8. Banning players from doing things isn’t only confined to Stamford Bridge. New Watford manager Walter Mazzarri has declared the Vicarage Road dressing room a no smoking zone, which is surprising as smoking inside any public building is already illegal in England (DailyStar).
9. Jonathan Woodgate has made a shock return to the Premier League. After retiring from playing at the end of last season the former Real Madrid and England defender has joined Liverpool as part of the Anfield scouting system (Metro).
10. And finally….Life in the Championship hasn’t started well for Aston Villa. First they were beaten in their opening league game at Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, but now have now been dumped out of the League Cup by League Two outfit Luton Town. To make matters worse, their misery was completed when defender Jores Okore scored a bizarre own goal (WhoAteAllThePies).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).