1. Joe Hart has been told he can leave Manchester City if Pep Guardiola signs a replacement. Everton are said to be interested in signing the England international if the opportunity presents itself.
2. Andrea Pirlo says he believes former club Juventus are ‘still laughing’ at the fact that they signed Paul Pogba from Manchester United for £1.5m in 2012 and sold him back to them four years later for a record-breaking £89m.
3. Carlo Ancelotti has clinched his first trophy since becoming Bayern Munich manager with a 2-0 win over Borussia Dortmund in the German Super Cup.
4. Arsène Wenger has blamed his team’s opening day 4-3 home defeat to Liverpool on their lack of experience. He also claimed his Arsenal squad hadn’t had enough time to prepare for the start of the season as they had so many players involved in Euro 2016.
5. Newcastle are said to be interested in signing 26-year-old striker Fernando Forestieri from Sheffield Wednesday after the Italian refused to play for the Owls in their weekend goalless draw against Norwich at Carrow Road.
6. Valencia gave their long-serving kit man an incredible send-off at their Mestalla stadium. Bernardo España had been in his job at the club for 55 years (WhoAteAllThePies).
7. Bournemouth supporters have excelled themselves with this sign mocking Manchester United for the mistake that led to Old Trafford being evacuated ahead of the meeting between the two sides on the final day of last season (Mirror).
8. Sunderland fans have already won the chant of the season for adapting The Stone Roses’ Made Of Stone in honour of loan signing Adnan Januzaj. Warning, this will get stuck in your head… (YouTube).
9. A new Premier League Man of the Match award has been met with universal disdain, with it being likened to amongst other things a highlighter felt tip pen and a caution wet floor sign (Metro).
10. And finally… Manchester City fans have taken to new signing John Stones for the most bizarre reason. It seems they are enamoured by the England international’s love of cagoules (101GreatGoals).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).