Former FIFA president passes away aged 100, Rojo could be part of United’s Fonte deal and phantom goal reported at Griffin Park
1. Manchester City and England international goalkeeper Joe Hart is considering a loan move away from the Etihad after being dropped by Pep Guardiola. Spanish club Sevilla and Premier League rivals Everton are said to be interested.
2. Derby County’s Chris Baird has confirmed his retirement from international football with Northern Ireland in order to focus on his club career.
3. Former FIFA president João Havelange has passed away at the age of 100. The Brazilian served as president of world football’s governing body between 1974 and 1998.
4. Cesc Fàbregas is prepared to stay at Stamford Bridge and fight to regain his place in Antonio Conte’s team after being dropped in favour of new signing N’Golo Kanté for Chelsea’s opening game of the season.
5. Manchester United are reportedly open to allowing Marcos Rojo to join Southampton as part of a deal to bring Portuguese centre back José Fonte to Old Trafford.
6. As if losing 5-0 at home wasn’t bad enough, Steaua Bucharești’s local rivals Dinamo hijacked their stadium display ahead of their Champions League tie against Manchester City (WhoAteAllThePies).
7. West Ham’s shirt sponsors have issued an embarrassing apology after their Twitter account called winger Michail Antonio ‘an accident waiting to happen’ during their match at Chelsea (Standard).
8. Doncaster Rovers’ League Two win over Cambridge was delayed by ten minutes after one of the referee’s assistants had a stomach upset, causing them to find a replacement from the crowd (BBCSport).
9. Borussia Dortmund midfielder Marco Reus finally passed his driving test, two years after being hit with a massive fine for being pulled over with falsified documents (Goal).
10. And finally…Sky Sports host Julian Warren brings news of a goal in the Championship game between Brentford and Nottingham Forest, only for colleague Johnny Phillips to tell him there hasn’t been one (YouTube).
By Chris Horricks (@ChrisHorricks31).
Leave a Reply