1. Sam Allardyce has refused to rule out recalling Chelsea centre-back John Terry ahead of announcing his first squad since being named as England manager following Roy Hodgson’s resignation.
2. Marcus Rashford, however, is believed to be on the verge of a return to the under-21 side following a brief stint with the senior squad which saw the Manchester United striker included in the Euro 2016 squad.
3. Meanwhile, former Wales midfielder turned motor-mouthed pundit Robbie Savage has poured scorn on the current crop of players in England international contention by claiming that Wayne Rooney is the only leader at the national team’s disposal.
4. Gabriel Barbosa, who has caught the attention of Premier League clubs including champions Leicester City, Manchester United, and Chelsea, is reportedly ready to make a decision about his future now that the 19-year-old striker has concluded his Olympic duties with his native Brazil, during which the hosts won the tournament to take the gold medals.
5. Mario Balotelli looks set to move away from England after a tumultuous stint at Liverpool. Clubs including Chievo, Lazio, and Bologna are interested in making a move to take the controversial star back to his native Italy.
6. Somebody claiming to be an employee of Arsenal has allegedly given their notice that they intend to leave their position at the North London club because of comments made by Arsène Wenger when questioned about why the club hadn’t been more active in the transfer market (Mirror).
7. Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti has made Bundesliga history by appointing his son as the club’s assistant manager. It is the first time a father and son have been in such a situation in the German top flight (WhoAteAllThePies).
8. Whilst Aaron Ramsey’s platinum blonde hair caused a stir over the summer, the midfielder’s latest follicle manipulations have been met with even more derision, and with good cause (Metro).
9. Former Arsenal striker Gervinho was sent off on his debut for his new club for deliberately stamping on an opponent’s nether regions. The incident occurred during the match between Hebei China Fortune and Henan Jianye in the Chinese Super League (Metro).
10. And finally… Ilkeston FC have been told they will be fined for not fulfilling their matches, despite the club being suspended by the organisers of the Northern Premier League (BBCSport).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).