1. Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp says he hopes to draw on the exploits of the club’s illustrious ‘grandfathers’, including Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly, in order to bring the trophy-laden seasons back to the Anfield club. Liverpool who haven’t been crowned champions of England since the induction of the Premier League.
2. Manchester United will travel to Sixfields in the third round of the League Cup to play Northampton Town after last season’s League Two champions saw off West Bromwich Albion on penalties to set up a tie against the Old Trafford giants.
3. Goalkeeper Hope Solo will not play for the United States women’s national team for six months after being given a suspension for calling Olympic rivals Sweden “a bunch of cowards”. Solo’s comments came after the US were beaten by the Swedes 5-4 on penalties in the quarter finals.
4. Leicester City star Danny Drinkwater has pledged his future to the reigning Premier League champions by signing a new five-year contract to stay the King Power Stadium.
5. Former Premier League player Richard Chaplow, now plying his trade in America with LA Galaxy’s second string side, has been banned for two matches after admitting he verbally abused an openly homosexual opponent during a recent match.
6. Whoever controls the official UEFA Champions League’s Twitter account should really be more careful when using emoji’s in their tweets. They mistakenly made an offensive gesture towards the group stage of the competition (WhoAteAllThePies).
7. After a stuttering start in their first two games of the Premier League season, the odds of Arsenal being crowned champions have already doubled (Mirror).
8. If Arsenal’s start to the season has been stuttering, goalkeeper Petr Čech certainly hasn’t been. It’s a good job he didn’t, otherwise, his team mates may not have been as impressed by his freestyle rap (ESPNFC).
9. Broadfield Laurels certainly haven’t been resting on theirs as they made Harrow footballing history by becoming the first club to ever win all four of the local FA’s tournaments in a single season (HarrowTimes).
10. And finally…Alexis Sánchez loves his dogs so much that he has set up an Instagram account just for pictures of himself with his cherished pets (Metro).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).