1. Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has been named as assistant manager of the Belgian national team. The World Cup winner will work closely with newly appointed coach Roberto Martinez.
2. Hull City midfielder Jake Livermore says failing a drugs test may have saved his career at the newly promoted Premier League club. 26-year-old Livermore claims the incident gave him the ‘get out of jail free card’ he needed after the tragic death of his young son.
3. Sunderland keeper Vito Mannone will be out of action for at least three months and could require an operation after tearing elbow ligaments. The 28-year-old Italian suffered the injury during a training session.
4. Crystal Palace winger Wilfred Zaha’s proposed move to Tottenham Hotspur has had a ‘full stop’ put on it by the Eagles’ chairman, according to manager Alan Pardew.
5. A deal to bring Juventus and Italy striker Simone Zaza to West Ham could be completed as early as today, with Hammers boss Slaven Bilic telling a press conference that personal terms and a fee of around £24m have been agreed.
6. Argentinian legend Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi may have ‘staged’ his international retirement to avoid criticism (ESPN).
7. Antoine Griezmann joined Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo on stage at a European player of the year award ceremony and it was the Frenchman’s wardrobe, particularly his garish glittery footwear choice, that got the biggest reaction (LeBuzz).
8. You’ve returned to Manchester United, becoming the world’s most expensive player, so what could possibly happen to Paul Pogba to get him wound up? Well, someone managed it by keeping the Frenchman waiting (Mirror).
9. Arsenal are on the verge of signing German Shkodran Mustafi, and he’ll fit in perfectly with the rest of the Gunners squad if his ball juggling skills are anything to go by (Mirror).
10. And finally…West Ham United fans will no doubt be regretting buying t-shirts proclaiming their club were about to embark on a European tour after they crashed out of the Europa League at the qualifying stage following a 2-1 aggregate defeat to Astra Giurgi (WhoAteAllThePies).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).