1. England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has announced he will retire from international football after the 2018 World Cup in Russia. He is the country’s record goal scorer having notched 53 goals in 115 games.
2. Joe Hart has been given permission to leave the England team’s training camp ahead of their World Cup qualifying game in Slovakia so that he can complete a loan move to Italian club Torino. Pep Guardiola has told the keeper that he is free to leave the Etihad.
3. Deportivo de La Coruña striker Lucas Perez has joined Arsenal for £17.1m. He scored 17 times in 37 appearances for the La Liga club and it was initially thought he would move to Everton, but the Gunners triggered his release clause to clinch the deal.
4. Crystal Palace have signed French striker Loic Remy from London neighbours Chelsea on a loan deal which will see the 29-year-old stay at Selhurst Park for the whole of the Premier League season. Remy will be reunited with Alan Pardew, his manager during their spell together at Newcastle.
5. Manchester City star Sergio Aguero has been charged with violent conduct by the FA following an incident with West Ham’s Winston Reid. Argentine striker Aguero could also face a three match ban which would rule him out of the Manchester derby at Old Trafford on September 10th.
6. It seems Jose Mourinho may have been misguided to shell out £89m for Paul Pogba when the fantastically named 17-year-old Indy Boonen can produce assists like this. Comparisons have even been made to Red Devils legend Ryan Giggs (Mirror).
7. When West Ham’s Michail Antonio received the call to join up with the England squad he thought it was his friends playing a trick on him (BBCSport).
8. Non-league side Norwich United’s match against Soham was abandoned after just 16 seconds of play after their captain, Andy Eastaugh, who was celebrating his birthday, suffered a concussion and suspected fractured cheekbone (EDP24).
9. This is goal of the season. It doesn’t matter what else happens, it won’t surpass the audacity and quick thinking shown by this Columbine High School striker, who somersaulted over the opposition goalkeeper before putting the ball in the net (WhoAteAllThePies).
10. And finally… Barcelona were left red-faced after their website accidentally ran a competition giving fans a chance to win the shirt of Valencia striker Paco Alcacer before they had even officially announced they had signed him (Marca).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).