1. Joe Hart will be allowed to leave Manchester City for a reduced fee. Hart is currently on loan to Italian club Torino but City officials are quoted as saying their willingness to accept a lower offer for the England international is ‘a thank you for his service to the club’.
2. Sunderland have signed Boavista goalkeeper Mika for an undisclosed fee on a two-year contract after FIFA gave the go ahead for them to do so. A technical issue had meant Boavista couldn’t complete the documents required for the deal before last week’s deadline.
3. Senegal midfielder Mohammed Diame says he chose to leave newly promoted Premier League club Hull City to join Newcastle United – despite the Magpies having been recently relegated to the Championship – because he believes he has joined ‘a massive club, in a massive city with a massive manager’.
4. Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy has stated he would be willing to allow the club’s new stadium to host a Premier League and an NFL game on the same day. Spurs are scheduled to move into their 61,000 seater home in 2018.
5. Netherland’s legend Ruud Gullit says Wayne Rooney has been prevented from achieving his potential due to several managers playing the England and Manchester United striker out of position.
6. Mario Balotelli’s new club, Nice, have responded to criticism of their new signing from former Liverpool defender turned pundit Jamie Carragher by offering him the chance to buy one of their shirts with the Italian’s name on the back (WhoAteAllThePies).
7. In the build up to the 2016 Paralympics, Lionel Messi tried his hand at blind football with the Spanish national team who will be taking part in the tournament. Predictably, he is almost as good at it as he is the version of the game he is used to playing (Mirror).
8. American women’s goalkeeper Hope Solo has been banned for six months for comments about the Swedish national team after losing to them in the Olympics. Many found the decision a bit odd, but this explanation from the USWNT head coach goes some way to clearing the situation up (Joe.ie).
9. You have to feel bad for this Puerto Rico defender after he collided with the goal post using the worst possible part of his anatomy. He must have been a big Liverpool fan to produce such an accurate recreation of the famous Phil Babb incident (TheGuardian).
10. And finally… There are tattoos and there are tattoos, and then there is the impressively life like tattoo that a Gianluigi Buffon fan got featuring his idol. He could have chosen a better photo of the ‘keeper to have on his person for the rest of time (FoxSports).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).