1. Gary Cahill says one of Swansea’s goals in their 2-2 draw against Chelsea should have been ruled out for a foul on him in the build-up that was so obvious it ‘could be seen from the moon’.
2. West Ham are in talks over increasing the level of security in the Olympic Stadium in the aftermath of crowd violence that erupted between rival fans during their 4-2 home defeat against Watford.
3. Jack Wilshire has suggested he would be in favour of Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe succeeding Arsene Wenger in the Emirates Stadium hot seat. However former Gunners midfielder Ray Parlour says Howe lacks the experience necessary.
4. Everton’s Romelu Lukaku has reacted angrily to weekend newspaper reports that suggested he was upset by the club making him pay for his own flights. Belgian international Lukaku posted the expletive-laden denial on social media.
5. Comparisons are being made between Luis Suarez and Sadio Mane following his performance on his Anfield debut during Liverpool’s 4-1 win over defending Premier League Champions Leicester City.
6. Francesco Totti came off the bench to score a penalty in stoppage time to give Roma a 2-1 win over Sampdoria. It means the former Italian international has now scored for the Rome club for 23 Serie A seasons in a row (SportsMole).
7. We told you last week of a children’s charity who had asked fans of Dutch club ADO Den Haag to bring cuddly toys to their game away at Feyenoord to give to the home fans. Well, they came through in a big way; here they are in full flow (Mirror).
8. England and Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart made his debut for Torino having made a loan switch on transfer deadline day. However, his first game didn’t go as he would have probably liked, as his error handed Atalanta their first goal in Torino’s 2-1 defeat in Serie A (TheGuardian).
9. After he scored two of Nice’s goals in a 3-2 win over Marseille on his debut for the Ligue 1 club, controversial star Mario Balotelli said that joining Liverpool was ‘the worst mistake’ of his career (Telegraph).
10. And finally…Has anyone been loaned out as often and such in a short space of time as Nicolao Dimitru, the Italian striker currently with Nottingham Forest (unsurprisingly on loan). This is his 7th short-term deal away from Napoli since joining the Italian side in 2010. Indeed, in 2014 alone he was loaned out to three clubs (Wikipedia).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).