Non-league player dies after having collapsed during game, Police reject West Ham’s request for extra security and Diouf claims Gerrard jealousy cost Balotelli Liverpool chance
1. 26-year-old Daniel Wilkinson has tragically passed away after collapsing on the pitch during a match for his non-league club. He was playing for Barnsley-based outfit Shaw Lane in a match at Brighouse Town when the tragic incident occurred.
2. Metropolitan Police officials have rejected pleas from West Ham United to increase security at the London Stadium. Hammers’ officials had requested further policing of matches following crowd disturbances during their 4-2 home defeat to Watford last Saturday.
3. Mauricio Pochettino says he has no concerns over his Tottenham Hotspur side playing their Champions League home games at Wembley this season. Spurs face Monaco at the national stadium tonight and Pochettino has welcomed the opportunity for his charges to ‘play on a bigger pitch’.
4. Club Brugge coach Michel Preud’homme has warned his team and the club’s supporters not to underestimate Leicester City ahead of the teams meeting in the Champions League. Belgian media outlets have allegedly portrayed the Foxes as a smaller club in the build-up to the game.
5. Former England and Newcastle manager Steve McClaren has enrolled in a course at Manchester Metropolitan University in order to gain a Masters Degree in Sporting Dictatorship. He has ambitions of owning and controlling a club in his future career.
6. El Hadji Diouf has extraordinarily blamed Mario Balotelli’s lack of impact and opportunity during his time at Liverpool on former Anfield captain Steven Gerrard. Former Senegal international Diouf claims Gerrard was ‘jealous’ of the Italian (Independent).
7. Watch in wonder as a blind Iranian forward beats five Moroccan defenders to score a sublime goal at the Paralympics which are currently being played in Brazil (WhoAteAllThePies).
8. A new statue in honour of Alan Shearer has been unveiled outside Newcastle United’s St James’ Park. It was supposed to have been presented to the public over a decade ago and has been met with a mixed reaction. Some fans have likened its pose to a Nazi salute (ChronicleLive).
9. Tottenham and England’s Danny Rose made it into a newspaper’s team of the week despite not playing in the group of fixtures in question. What an achievement, congratulations Danny (101GreatGoals).
10. And finally…A Brazilian fitness model invaded the pitch in her underwear and proceeded to jump on some of the players during a 0-0 between Gremio and Palmeiras. Danny Morais is a contestant in this year’s annual (and ridiculously named) ‘Miss Bum Bum’ competition, which apparently is prestigious in her native Brazil (Mirror).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).
Leave a Reply