1. Rangers have imposed a three-week ban on Joey Barton. Six days ago the midfielder was asked to stay away from the club’s training ground following an altercation with a teammate. However, the Glaswegian club have now officially banned the player.
2. Paul Gascoigne has pleaded guilty to racially aggravated assault in relation to a joke he made at a show last week. During the ‘An Evening With Gazza’, the former England international targeted a security guard.
3. Sheffield Wednesday winger Jeremy Helan has retired from football to dedicate his life to religion. Former France youth international Helan is a devout Muslim.
4. Wes Brown is close to signing for Championship club Blackburn Rovers. Former Manchester United and England defender Brown was a free agent following his release by Sunderland after five years at the Stadium of Light.
5. Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has been handed an £8,000 fine in addition to the touchline ban he is currently serving. Former Wales boss Hughes says the fine ‘rubbed salt in the wound’. The FA action against Hughes relates to his reaction to Marko Arnautovic being booked for diving.
7. Staying in Sweden, AIK were lead out by a group of their eldest supporters. 12 fans aged between 81 and 96 accompanied the team on to the pitch ahead of Sunday’s match against Gefle (BBC Sport).
8. A Manchester United fanzine poll found that 99% of the clubs fans asked said they wanted England striker Wayne Rooney axed from the first team (ESPN).
9. Footballers are occasionally given to behaving like children and here is a prime example. Watch Everton striker Romelu Lukaku give new Toffees team mate Yannick Bolasie the fright of his life (TalkingBaws).
10. And finally… A goalkeeper playing for a Chilean club has voiced his annoyance at a pitch invading dog that took credit for preventing his side from conceding a goal. Trasandino custodian Fabian Cerda said ‘the shot wasn’t even going in’ (WhoAteAllThePies).
By Chris Horricks (@Chrishorricks31).