1. Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has told midfielder Yaya Toure that in order to ever play for the club again the Ivory Coast international must apologise for an outburst from his agent in reaction to Toure being omitted from the club’s Champions League squad.
2. Joey Barton is being investigated over alleged betting offences. This week, the former England international has also been banned from his club’s training ground and handed a separate internal suspension from playing for the Glasgow club.
3. Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed striker Harry Kane faces a spell out of action as a result of a damaged ankle ligament, but the Argentine wouldn’t be drawn on the length of the England man’s absence.
4. A scan has revealed Manchester United and England defender Luke Shaw has a minor groin tear. He will now miss their League Cup tie against Northampton Town (Cobblers?! No it’s true, he will) and is rated as 50/50 for Saturday’s game against Leicester City.
5. Sunderland’s Patrick Van Aanholt was removed from the 1-0 defeat against Tottenham on medical advice. He was taken out of the squad just before kick-off and manager David Moyes has said a cardiologist’s advice resulted in the decision.
6. Montpellier’s Ryad Boudebouz produced a facial expression unlike any ever seen before upon being greeted by a local beauty contest winner. The Algerian forward’s reaction has to be seen to be believed (Mirror).
7. New Nottingham Forest signing Nicklas Bendtner warmed up for the club’s League Cup tie against former club Arsenal by kicking a ball into a bin in his underwear…of course he did, he’s Nicklas Bendtner! (Metro).
8. Former Barcelona striker Javier Saviola, who will be particularly familiar to anyone who played Championship Manager at the start of the millennium, has signed for Andorran club FC Ordino (Joe).
9. Staying with football computer games, have a listen to some outtakes from a voiceover commentator Peter Brackley did for Pro Evolution Soccer 2 and prepare to cringe (YouTube).
10. And finally…An amateur goalkeeper in Germany was arrested for conceding 43 goals in one game (WhoAteAllThePies).
By Chris Horricks (@chrishorricks31).