1. Chesterfield’s Welsh striker Ched Evans has been found not guilty by a Cardiff court following a retrial over the alleged abuse of a teenage girl in a hotel room. Evans had served a prison sentence having been found guilty the first time the case was heard.
2. Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has slammed the festive fixture list following the announcement of the latest updated list of televised games. Anfield’s popular German coach was left fuming after his team now face two games in 48 hours.
3. European countries will not be able to bid to host the 2026 World Cup as part of FIFA’s rotation policy. Under the organisation’s rules, the previous two hosting continents cannot bid to host the next tournament, meaning Europe and Asia, who won the 2018 and 2022 bids, are barred.
4. Queens Park Rangers say their manager Jimmy Floyd Hassellbaink has the club’s complete backing in light of corruption allegations made by the Daily Telegraph newspaper. Former Netherlands international Hassellbaink denies any wrongdoing.
5. England will travel to Germany for an international friendly on 22nd March 2017, a year to the day after the Three Lions came from behind to clinch a famous 3-2 win over the same opposition. It could be England’s first game with a new permanent head coach if an appointment is made in time.
6. Barnet’s 18-year-old goalkeeper Kai McKenzie Lyle, who has only made two appearances for his club, marked his international debut for Guyana by scoring when he went up for a corner towards the end of their match against Suriname. Unfortunately, they went on to lose the game 3-2 (Mirror).
7. Manchester United fans take joy in telling the world how Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 6ft 5 and hard as nails (or something like that) but is he tough enough to take on UFC fighter Danny Roberts? Only time will tell after Roberts issued a challenge to the former Sweden international (Metro).
8. Adebayo Akinfenwa has been named the strongest player in EA Sports FIFA series of football computer games, but how good would he be at the training scenarios featured in the games? Turns out he’s brilliant (Mirror).
9. Ever wanted to know how to go about wooing your favourite pop star? Try asking them about the weather. Barcelona’s Gerard Pique has revealed he did just that the first time he met Columbian sensation Shakira and she’s now his wife mother of their children (Goal).
10. And finally…What better way for Puma to mark the 48th anniversary of their popular King boots than to make a replica of the iconic footwear out of chocolate? (WhoAteAllThePies).
By Chris Horricks (@ChrisHorricks31).