Charlton and Mansfield in battle over manager Steve Evans, Gerrard to leave LA Galaxy when season ends and Pogba celebration used in French maths question
1. Representatives from both Mansfield Town and Charlton Athletic are in talks with former Leeds United and Rotherham manager Steve Evans over becoming their new manager. Controversial Scotsman Evans has been out of work since leaving Elland Road last season.
2. Following on from Frank Lampard announcing he is to leave MLS club New York City, former Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard has revealed he is to leave LA Galaxy at the end of the current season.
3. England women’s coach Mark Sampson has recalled Arsenal’s Jodie Taylor to his squad for the upcoming friendly with Holland. 30-year-old striker Taylor has scored seven goals in 16 games for her country but has struggled with injury this year.
4. Newcastle and Leeds fans will both pay tribute to former Wales player and manager Gary Speed who passed away in 2011. Supporters will honour his memory in the 11th minute of the meeting between the two sides on Sunday. He wore the number 11 when he played for both clubs during his illustrious career.
5. Hull City striker Will Keane has been ruled out for a year with knee ligament damage. 23-year-old striker Keane only joined the Tigers in August and has so far made six appearances for Mike Phelan’s side.
6. ‘If a Brazilian had done that they’d never stop showing it’ is a phrase often uttered by supporters of less illustrious sides. After Harry Pritchard of Maidstone United scored an absolute screamer in their National League match against Bath City, no doubt several Maidstone fans would have said the infamous line (Mirror).
7. At last an actual beneficial use has been found for the ludicrous ‘dab’ goal celebration dance. A French school has used a picture of Paul Pogba in the pose as part of a maths question set for students (Goal).
8. North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un has been known to make some outlandish claims about his country’s standing on the world stage. He’s now turned his attentions to football and has claimed his compatriots will become the world’s best national team (WhoAteAllThePies).
9. Its always a proud moment for any father if his son follows in his footsteps and there aren’t many more illustrious footsteps to follow in than that of a professional footballer. That is exactly whats happened for Robert Pires’ son Theo, who is already the captain of the Arsenal under-9s (Standard).
10. And finally…Barcelona striker Luis Suarez is currently on international duty with Uruguay and it seems the former Liverpool man is having some fun. During a training session, he wound up playing in goal and still managed to score (LiverpoolEcho).
By Chris Horricks (@ChrisHorricks31).
Leave a Reply